Today we released Finale version version 26.2, a free-of-charge update for all owners of Finale version 26. This update ensures that Finale v26 is compatible with macOS 10.15 Catalina, and also includes further improvements for both Mac and Windows users.
As we discussed last month, we take compatibility quite seriously. Catalina introduced issues that, while obscure for most users, prevented us from calling Finale v26.1 “compatible.” We’re happy to announce that Finale v26.2 is compatible with macOS 10.15 Catalina.
Security Enhancements and Bug Fixes
The version 26.2 update also provides security improvements for both Mac and Windows that help keep you and Finale protected and up to date. While supporting these security updates isn’t required until 2020, we’re keeping Finale ahead of the curve.
As always, we’ve fixed several customer-reported issues in this free update. These affect everything from page formatting to plug-ins:
- Patterson Beams has been updated to properly affect grace notes and resized notes.
- The Finale Click volume (in the Click and Countoff dialog box) is now adjustable on a per-document basis.
- “Consolidate Rests Across Layers” is now included in FinaleScript’s import layer options command.
For a full list of bug fixes, see the Read Me.
As part of our ongoing work “under the hood” in Finale, we’ve incorporated several improvements to Document Options that not only give you more reliable results, but are also part of our continued efforts to modernize Finale. Learn more about those efforts directly from the product team in our recent development update.
If you own Finale v26, get the free update by either following the update prompt in Finale, or:
- Mac: Choose Finale > Check for Update, then click Install Update. The download begins immediately.
- Windows: Choose Help > Check for Update, then click Install Update. The download begins immediately.