Finale 2014c is a free update now available to registered Finale 2014 owners.
Finale 2014c addresses the following issues for both Windows and Mac users:
- MIDI key velocity information is now played back in all layers.
- Stop and start values are now interpreted correctly by Human Playback.
…it also addresses this Windows-specific issue:
- Crashing behavior introduced in Finale 2014b on some Windows computers has been resolved.
…and these two Mac issues:
- The audio sample rate is now retained in the Finale preferences.
- Documents no longer print off-center when selecting crop marks or registration marks.
While all the improvements found in 2014c are listed above, they can also be viewed in the associated read me files available for both Mac and Windows.
Finale 2014, 2014a, and 2014b users can update by following automated prompts upon launching Finale, or manually from within Finale itself. To do so:
- On Windows, navigate to Help > Check for Update…
- On Mac, navigate to Finale 2014 > Check for Update…
Please let us know how Finale 2014c is working for you by clicking on “Comments” below.