Finale 2014b is a free update now available to registered Finale 2014 owners.
Mac highlights include:
- Many audio-related crashes have been fixed and USB mono input devices no longer cause errors.
- Bank volume settings are retained and all Garritan Instruments for Finale instruments respond to Mixer volume controls.
- Unicode characters no longer cause file name problems and error messages are more descriptive.
- Several view/display issues and application switching problems have been addressed.
Windows highlights include:
- Audio Engine errors no longer appear with some ASIO audio devices and USB mono input devices no longer cause errors.
- Unicode characters no longer cause file name problems, backup and auto-save files are included in Open dialogs, and error messages are more descriptive.
Highlights for both Mac and Windows users include:
- Human Playback correctly interprets glissandi, fp markings, and articulation trills, and also recognizes keyswitches in all layers.
- Notes on the opposite stem side in cluster chords can be selected, and rests can be repositioned when Consolidate Rests Across Layers is enabled.
- Multiple MIDI file fixes include proper percussion import and retention of track/staff names and key signatures.
- Numerous crashing situations have been fixed, and file saving speed and Score Manager performance have been improved.
Full 2014b details can be found in the associated read me files available for both Mac and Windows.
Finale 2014 and 2014a users can update by following automated prompts upon launching Finale, or manually from within Finale itself. To do so:
- On Windows, navigate to Help > Check for Update…
- On Mac, navigate to Finale 2014 > Check for Update…
Please let us know how Finale 2014b is working for you by clicking on “Comments” below.