create your way
Finale has always been known as the notation software that can create anything. Today’s Finale makes that power and flexibility more intuitive and efficient.
Now a full 64-bit application, the new Finale includes many under-the-hood enhancements resulting in improved performance. Plus there are new ways to sync with other apps, new sounds, improved notation, and better ways to share your music with others.
Take control of your music, your creative process, and your legacy.
Rewritten to offer full 64-bit support, Finale can make the most of your computer and the latest operating systems. It can also access more RAM, putting more instrument samples and libraries within reach.
entering notes into transposing staves
When entering notes into transposing staves, the new Finale plays the correctly transposed pitch both upon entry and playback.
ReWire support facilitates synchronized playback with digital audio software including Digital Performer, ProTools, and Logic.
tall time signatures
Today it’s easy to create tall time signatures, which greatly aid in score readability.
Also included are backward and forward file compatibility, expanded MusicXML import/export, immediate Human Playback response, a new ARIA player that simplifies the selection of instruments and reverbs, new visual results including contoured dashed slurs, and more. All the latest features and updates can be viewed in Finale's online user manual.
More than 100 new Garritan sounds have been added in this version alone, including a stunning Concert D grand piano, dozens of exotic world instruments, plus additional keyboards, brass, woodwinds, choirs, strings, mixtures, percussion, and more.
These sample files were created entirely with Garritan sounds included with Finale:
With every upgrade we add new features, fixes, many more Garritan sounds, additional examples of Music Education Worksheets & Repertoire, and much more. If you haven’t upgraded in a while, you’ll enjoy all the latest additions plus the benefits from every intervening version. Highlights include:
- Improved accidentals and rests ensure you effortlessly create perfect notation, particularly in music with more than one voice or layer.
- Keyless scores, while possible in previous versions, are now one-click easy.
- Beat-attached SmartShapes – including hairpins, trills, and others – are easily assigned, both in terms of appearance and playback.
- Plus: expanded linked parts, percussion enhancements, a clean new look, and many core improvements including a new audio engine.
- The Score Manager lets you quickly change staff name, transposition, clef, playback, and more – all in one convenient place.
- Unicode text support gives you access to ALL the characters in any font and makes it possible to communicate in more languages.
- New music fonts are added, including an improved handwritten font (Finale Copyist), and a harmonic analysis font (Finale Numerics).
- Plus: a new Space Systems feature, PDF import/export, expanded file-sharing capabilities, and more.
- Staff layout capabilities make it simple and intuitive to hide, move, and edit staves, groups, and brackets. Now you can work in any order you wish, change your mind whenever you want, and never lose a note.
- New music fonts are added, including Finale AlphaNotes (the music education font that places note names in noteheads) as well as Finale Percussion and Finale Mallets.
- Lyrics now look perfect, instantly, on-screen and in print.
- Plus: instant capo chords, expanded percussion playback, and more.
- Percussion notation improvements give you control over how percussion looks and sounds.
- Chord symbols are reimagined: they can be entered before your notes and you can edit notes without changing chords.
- Rehearsal mark entry is faster and easier, and they sequence automatically.
- Plus: full support of all third-party VST/AU effects, new Broadway Copyist handwritten font, measure number improvements, and more.