Improved Staff Layout
Staff Layout capabilities make it simple and intuitive to hide, move, and edit staves, groups, and brackets. Work in any order you wish, change your mind whenever you want, and never lose a note.
Space Systems automatically positions your staff systems evenly on each page. You can decide between even, proportional, and other spacings, or simply hit the Apply button. Whether you’re working on parts, small scores, or big scores with hidden staves, Space Systems can save you time by managing the distance between your staff systems and quickly making your pages look perfect.
It’s incredibly easy to move staves. Want to increase the distance between staves? Click and drag.
- Your music updates automatically as you drag and you receive on-screen feedback about the distance between the staves and what staves will be impacted.
- As you drag a staff handle up or down, all subsequent staves move too, retaining their relative positioning.
- No additional steps are required to move one staff in this system only or the whole score, or to move multiple staves in selected systems.
- Plus, when you add a new system it will reflect the staff spacing of the previous system.
Dragging or nudging one staff also moves the staves below it to retain relative staff spacing and the dragging moves the staves in real-time, so you instantly see the results.
Editing Groups and Brackets
We’ve simplified the process of editing group names and brackets, and to change groups and brackets for the whole score or just selected regions.
- Groups automatically adjust their measure ranges when measures are added or removed.
- It’s also easy to have full staff and group names appear anywhere in your score which is very helpful when you’re starting a new movement in the same Finale file.
Hiding Empty Staves
Finale makes it easy to hide staves that don’t contain music, in your whole score or selected regions. On-screen feedback and new contextual menus offer instant access to hidden staves.
|In one click, this…
If you choose to hide empty staves in your score, and then subsequently move measures or add notes to the hidden staves, the appropriate notes and staves now automatically appear.
Hiding Staves Containing Music
Finale even makes it easy to hide staves that contain music.
- Need parts for an instrument that you don’t want to appear in the score? Simply hide staves in the score.
- Want an unseen playback effect? Hide a staff!
- On-screen feedback makes it clear when music is hidden and new contextual menus make it instantly accessible. Finale makes it easy and flexible.