Enter notes with your computer or MIDI keyboard.
Using Simple or Speedy Note Entry, click notes onto the staff or use MIDI to indicate pitch. Or enter notes with the numeric pad and keys ‘A’ ‘B’ ‘C’ ‘D’ ‘E’ ‘F’ and ‘G.’ But entering notes is just the start. You can also:
- Change octaves
- Enter rests
- Add accidentals
- Create triplets
- Add grace notes
- Add notes in a chord to an existing note
- Enter articulations on the fly or ‘lock in’ an articulation to place on several notes
- Change the key or time signature simply with key commands
- Add expressions like dynamics or tempos
- Enter a rhythmic pattern using a single note and then re-pitch the repeated notes using your MIDI or computer keyboard
Keystrokes are intuitive and a special key map for laptop users is provided. Best of all, if you prefer certain key commands, change the defaults in Finale to whatever you like.
Macintosh Users – Put Finale’s keyboard shortcuts your fingertips with a custom Finale Apple®
Keyboard or a Keyboard Skin.